Chapter 2: How Programs Work
After completing this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain what an algorithm is.
- Explain what a programming language is.
- Explain why one programming language might be chosen over another.
- Explain how a program runs, including the differences between compiled and interpreted languages.
- Run a program and locate its output in the console.
- Understand some basic debugging practices.
Here are the key terms for this chapter. On the pages that they appear, make note of what they are and their definitions.
- Binary code
- Programming language
Setting Up Your Coding Tools
- Integrated development environment (IDE)
- Visual Studio Code (VSC)
- Starter code
Your First Program
- Commit message
- Personal Access Token